Friday, December 12, 2008

Seven Islands Church

It has been a while since I posted, but a lot has happened to my team after our facility closed. Some of us have bounced from one job to another and have not had much free time. However, now that things are settling down, we are making plans to investigate local sites and a trip to Waverly in the spring. The investigation I would like to talk about took place back in the summer. We had been told that Seven Islands church was haunted and not a good place to visit after dark. Investigators have posted of seeing shadows, hearing foot steps and creepy ringing bells in the cemetery at night. With that in mind, we loaded our equipment and arrived at the church around 10pm. Joann, Linda and I were the only three from our team that could make this trip. The first thing we noticed when we arrived at the church was a glowing object at the back of the cemetery. Joann took pictures of the surroundings of the church while Linda and I investigated the cemetery. I would like to say that it was an awsome night to investigate. We had a full moon, the bugs were singing from the trees and bats were flying out of the church steeple! I would have to say on a creepy scale of 1 to 10...this was starting out as a 10!!! As we proceeded to the center of the cemetery, I started hearing what sounded like bells. We followed the sound of the bells and came to a gravesite that had a wind chime next to the gravestone. The sound of the bells was creepy, but not paranormal. Finally, we made it to the back of the cemetery were we found the glowing object we saw from the church. It turned out to be a solar powered lighted cross. Linda and I walked all over the cemetery with our EMF detector, but we never found anything. We made our way back to Joann at the church and she told us that while we were gone she had a visitor which turned out to be a possum!! We continued to investigate around the church, but were unable to find anything. But I have to admit, my eyes could have been playing tricks on me and bare in mind that it was a fool moon and fog was starting to creep into the cemetery from the river....but I swear I thought I saw a shadow of a person running thru the graveyard. When I shined my flashlight into that area, there was no one there! The only real scare I got was when a police officer pulled up behind us checking us out. He eventually backed up and drove off, but it did spook us a little! Later when I was analyzing our video recording, I did find something unusual. I heard a sigh on the recording while Linda and I were talking about one the tombstones. We believe Seven Islands church is a great place to visit and a little creepy at night, but would not say that it is haunted. Just remember that you might run into the local wildlife! DOC

No comments: